Skip to main content

Dear Athens,


 Dear Athens, 

      If I would have been told that the student teacher who walked into the classroom on day one would be where she is right now, I would not believe you. We have laughed, we have cried, and we have had a lot of fun together. I have not only grown in my ability to speak in front of a classroom but through online engagement techniques, labs, evaluation, and building relationships. Each and every student that has walked into my classroom has left an impact on me and who I am now as Miss. Royer. I feel that to fully give Athens the thank you they all deserve I must go class by class. 

    Horticulture,  

            You taught me how to find enthusiasm in the earliest of hours, bright eyed and bushy tailed, ready to work in the greenhouse. I will always be grateful for your honesty so early in the morning and allowing me to push you further as we all grew together. I will never forget the parts of the seed especially, the seed coat. I know some of you will miss me more than others, but it has been an honor spending 1st period with all of you for the past 4 months. 



    Vet Science, 

            You all have constantly kept me on my toes, asking challenging questions and emphasizing the why and how in everything we have done. I appreciate your willingness to play with your food, build some brains, and creating your own lock and keys. Your love for Grey's Anatomy, Sports, and Veterinary Science will always be a special memory of mine. 2nd period of the day was always one of my favorites!

 


    FFA/SAE, 

        I am not quite sure where to begin, from public speaking, to career skills, and now watching you plan your banquet. Each and everyone of you are a force to be reckoned with and I cannot wait to see all of the amazing things you achieve. Thank you for the many laughs, the tractor driving field trips, and as always the honesty as I know many of you LOVED the public speaking unit! 

    



    Ag Mech 1, 

        "Miss. Rooyerrrrr" Was a common call throughout this class period, I appreciate that each and everyone of you brought your own perspectives, sass, and enthusiasm to Ag Mechanics. From soldering, to building our sprinklers, to listening to the many stresses of electrical wiring. I hope you all know that you have challenged me just as much as I have tried to challenge you. Each one of you have grown so much in the past 4 months and I am honored to have been a part of it! 




    Intro pd 5, 

        Y'all gave me a run for my money when it came to seeing who could talk the most! Though we sometimes talked a little too much, I appreciate the jokes, your enthusiasm about everything from SAEs, chickens, pigs, cows, sheep and goats, and your greetings at the door everyday. Each one of you have grown so much since I started my time in January and I cannot wait to see what you do with the remainder of your FFA career! 



    Ag Mech 2, 

        For being only a class of 8 you never seemed to disappoint! Watching each one of your creativity shine through in your Shark Tank projects was an awesome moment and I hope that you all are just as proud of your projects as I am of all of you. Thank you for the laughs, the many stories, the air in my tires, and the advice. I will always remember that "it'll buff out".  




    Intro pd 9, 

    The last period of the day can be rough, but each one of you made sure that it was always action packed. From crazy questions and stories, giggles at the mice, or your excitement about animal science. I appreciate each and everyone of you being so willing to solve challenging problems like feeding a growing world by 2050! Your smiling faces and sass will be one of my favorite memories. 




    Athens Staff and Students,

    To all of the students and staff that have been so welcoming and kind throughout my time at Athens, thank you! Thank you for the pep talks, the advice, the words of wisdom, and occasional hack to the copier. I appreciate each and everyone of you making Athens feel like my home away from home. 


Finally, last but not least Mrs. Alderfer & Mr. Steinfelt,

    Thank you for taking me under your wing and teaching me your ways. I truly appreciate all that you have done to help me grow inside and outside the classroom whether that be with welding or the overall confidence in myself. Not only do you do amazing things for the students at Athens but you have helped shape me into the teacher I am today. 

                              


    Athens thank you for the giggles, thank you for the grins, and for everything in between. This is not a "goodbye" but rather a "see you later" as McGraw is not too far away! My parting ask of all of you is 1) Be good for Mrs. Alderfer and Mr. Steinfelt, you are lucky to have them. 2) Fix your mask and 3) Put on your safety glasses. 

And remember, 

You are Smart. You are Kind. You are Important. 

With Love, 

                    Miss. Royer


    

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Athens is Humble and Kind

  As I began my student teaching internship, I was welcomed with open arms by my cooperating teachers, the other educators, administrators, and of course my students! My first full week included observing, In-Service days, a State Officer Visit, FFA Lock In, and a meeting with the middle school Ag Teacher. It has been an incredibly busy week as I have slowly gotten the swing of things. I worked to master the schedule for the day and finding my way around the building. My students have been so kind and helpful, showing me around, explaining to me the bell schedule a couple times now, as well as sharing with me what they are most excited about learning in the upcoming months. A highlight of my week was when 3 students asked Mrs. Alderfer when she was done teaching Intro to Agriculture because they wanted Miss. Royer to teach! :)  As I enter the weekend I am focusing on finding an organizational system that will work best for me as I begin teaching my first two classes next week, Hor

My First Day of School... Lab Edition!

  This week I had my first day of school, though it wasn't with my students at Athens Area High School, I did have the opportunity to share it with my cohort members. The excitement of a new year with new adventures awaiting still filled the room, the difference you ask? Well this year all eight of us girls were the teachers this time, making our first day experience a little different.  Every student remembers the excitement of reuniting with your friends after a long summer away, seeing who you have lunch or study hall with, and finally seeing your favorite teacher you have missed all summer. For teachers, your first day of school sets the tone for the rest of the school year. Not only are you sharing what content students will be learning throughout the year, but what expectations you have for them while in your classroom. For my student's I used the framework "The 3 R's in Miss. Royer's Room", this idea came from my elementary school principal Mrs. Zmyslo.

Who I Am

"I am Charlotte's Granddaughter, The spitting image of my Father, and when the day is done my Momma's still my biggest fan." Thanks to the roots that run deep in Centre County, the Agriculture Industry, and the Centre County Grange Fair, I have happily found my place in agricultural education from the first day I joined an agricultural sciences course. I did so without my parent's permission (sorry Mom and Dad). From bringing home my very first pig, to running for Fair Queen, I have had unwavering support from my family. They have watched and allowed for my passion to grow as I enjoy educating the youth and the public about the agricultural industry. This goes perfectly with my love for talking, (as my family knows all too well) and once you get me talking there is absolutely no going back, especially about something I love. My first love, the one that truly started it all for me, was the fair. A ten day long opportunity, where I was able to share with every